- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili press service: opening Lars checkpoint doesn’t mean improvement of relations2010-03-02 14:31
Manana Manjgaladze, the press speaker of the President of Georgia claims that success in negotiations on opening the communication between checkpoints of Kazbegi and Verkhniy [Upper] Lars at the Georgian-Russian border doesn't mean improvement of relations between the two countries - Georgia Times correspondent in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Negotiations were held with mediation of the embassy of Switzerland. These are not direct negotiations and it doesn't mean improvement of relations between Georgia and Russia. It's hard to speak about interrelations, when the government of Russia doesn't recognize the democratically elected authority of Georgia, sovereignty and state border of Georgia, tries to legalize the ethnic cleansing of 500 000 refugees," she said.
She voiced the position of the President and highlighted that improvement of relations will be possible only if "Russia conducts de-occupation of the Georgian territories."