- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Nino Burjanadze departed for Moscow2010-03-03 10:41
Past night Nino Burjanadze, the ex-Speaker, the leader of pro-opposition Democratic Movement-United Georgia, departed for Moscow. In the airport she announced the aim of her visit is protection of Georgia's interests and people.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In her view, "political dialog with Russia is vitally important issue for the unity of Georgia" - Trend.
"Today Georgia is in fact in international isolation. Russia declared to refuse talking with the present-day government; the world community, including our strategic partners - as well, though without declaration. Military rhetoric of the government keeps the country in the regime of permanent provocation. Realizing the aforesaid, we believe that for salvation of our country the real situation in Georgia must be fully seen and analyzed on the international arena", she said.
Before her departure the press service of the movement spread a statement saying the party continues fight for Georgia's being united, democratic, basing on Western values, truly independent and sovereign country.
"We believe that proceeding from the interests of the country, all the existing resources must be used," the document says.
It also mentions that after Russia Burjanadze intends to visit some European countries and the USA.