- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Spain bailed Georgian criminal don2010-03-03 13:03
Yesterday the National Court of Spain set free Zakhariy Kalashov, a Georgian criminal don, on EUR 300 000 bail.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Kalashov is prohibited to leave Spain, and twice a week he must visit the police station, RIA Novosti reports citing to Spanish mass media.
Zakhariy "Shakro [Young one]" Kalashov is charged of creating a well-prepared criminal gang, laundering money via a net of companies, founded in Spain. The money to launder was obtain with the help of gambling industry, smuggling drugs and weapons, criminal protection of economic activities in various spheres, racket, kidnapping people in Russia and other post-Soviet countries.
In June 2005, in result of ‘Avispa' [the wasp] police operation most members of the gang, including citizens of Spain, Russia, Georgia, and Ukraine, were detained. Kalashov managed to hide in the UAE, where he was arrested and sent to Spain in May 2006.
The Prosecutor's office demands 12 years and 2 months of imprisonment and EUR 32 mln fine for Kalashov.