- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU representatives visited Georgian-Russian border2010-03-03 15:30
The EU delegation, headed by Angel Moratinos, the Foreign Minister of Spain, today visited the Georgian-Russian border and got acquainted with the work of checkpoint Kazbegi - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The EU delegation first came to Tbilisi, and then arrived at Kazbegi checkpoint by helicopter. After watching the checkpoint Moratinos said the visit is very important for learning the situation on site and defining the way the EU can contribute to the monitoring of the border. He added the EU delegation considers opening the movement at this border important.
David Jagalania, the EU deputy Foreign Minister, who accompanied the delegation, noted that all the delegates gave unanimously positive assessment to the opening of the movement at the via Kazbegi [Georgia] and Verkhniy Lars [Russia] checkpoints.
The movement was started on March 1st 2010.
Meetings with President Mikheil Saakashvili, Speaker David Bakradze, the State Minister for Reintegration Temur Iakobahvili, representatives of various political parties are also planned.