- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
U.S. ambassador hails opening of Verkhniy Lars checkpoint2010-03-03 16:44
John Bass, the U.S. ambassador to Georgia, sees opening of Verkniy Lars checkpoint as a positive move.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In his view, it's a positive step in relations between peoples and improvement of economic condition of the region's residents - Trend.
The checkpoints of Kazbegi and Verkhniy Lars started work on March 1st after a 4-year break. Now the transportation of Georgian cargo through the Russian-Georgian border is limited, negotiations are being conducted. Cargoes that go through the border are intended mostly for Armenia.
John Bass added that opening of the checkpoint would serve stabilization in not only Georgia but in the region in general, and highlighted the USA would continue support of Georgia.