- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Moscow pays last respect for the first President of Abkhazia2010-03-05 10:16
The ceremony of lying-in-state of Vladislav Ardzinba, deceased in a Moscow clinic this Thursday, will be held today, in the Culture Cenre of the Armed Forces of Russia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The ceremony begins on 11 am [Moscow time], Suvorovskaya square, 2, said Igor Akhba, the ambassador of Abkhazia to Russia.
After the ceremony the body will be delivered to Abkhazia. The ex-President wanted to be buried on the bank of Gumista river [frontline of the Georgia-Abkhaz conflict of 1992-1993], shared his widow, Svetlana Ardzinba, and highlighted she intended to follow his will.
The state commission for organisation of the funeral of the first President is headed by Sergey Bagapsh.
Mourning over Ardzinba's death will be declared.
Vladislav Ardzinba was the leader of Abkhazia from 1994 up to 2005.