- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian NGOs chose Alasania to run for Tbilisi Mayor2010-03-05 12:37
Georgian NGOs and public organisations called Irakli Alasania, the Alliance for Georgia leader, the one candidate to run for Tbilisi Mayor.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The decision was voiced at yesterday's meeting with Alasania. Prior to that they asked him sharp questions on his temporary break up with the Alliance for Georgia, negotiations with Zurab Noghaideli and primaries organizers - Georgia Times correspondent in Tbilisi.
Nukri kntaria, the Georgian Academy organisation representative said the answers were comprehensive and decided to call Alasania the one candidate.
He called on all opposition forces to listen to the opinion of NGOs, do not wasted time on endless consultations and support the Alliance for Georgia leader.
Alasania was granted a rugby ball and urged to "score a goal" and take this ball first into Mayor's office, and then in President's one.
The meeting was held in the Basketball Palace and was attended by 25 various organisations, as well as Alasania's supporters.
It was the first meeting in Alasania's electoral campaign, started yesterday.