- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Biden consulted Saakashvili over the phone2010-03-05 13:17
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, held a phone talk with the U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the press service, Biden reiterated support for sovereignty and territorial integrity of Georgia.
In his turn, Saakashvili shared information about the situation in Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
The Vice President positively assessed the current reforms and the country's desire to hold open, transparent and free elections. In the phone talk Biden also noted the USA will continue rendering support to the Georgian people and will support attempts of the democratic development of the country, the message said.
Biden also thanked Mikheil Saakashvili for a contribution to the peacemaking operation in Afghanistan.