- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Foreigners to be prohibited to occupy positions in the government2010-03-09 12:52
People, who have any other citizenship in addition to the Georgian one, won't be able to occupy state positions.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The bill was prepared by Tengiz Sharmanshvili, the secretary of Constitutional Commission, the VZGLYAD reports citing to Maestro TV company.
"Georgian official must not have obligation to any other state, it's very risky," he said. At the present moment Grigol Vashadze, the Foreign Minister of Russia, finishes quitting from Russian citizenship.
Ex-Foreign Minister Salome Zourabishvili, was and remains the citizen of France.
According to unconfirmed sources, ex-Minister of Defense David Kezerashvili had citizenship of Israel, in addition to Georgian one.
In her interview to Maestro TV channel, Zourabishvili said the new bill will face criticism of Georgian diaspora. "It will be said it has no place in building Georgia," she said.