- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian government promised NATO May elections will be democratic2010-03-10 16:03
On the threshold of NATO-Georgia commission sitting on March 12th , Georgian Vice Speaker Mikheil Machavariani promised the Alliance the elctions, planned for May 30th, will be democratic.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"NATO, as well as our electors, will see the elections will be conducted in a just way," he said in the air of Utsnobi radio.
The VZGLYAD reminds the Speaker is the second most important person in Georgia.
According to Machavariani, NATO representatives "have no serious complaints about Georgia, but closely watch the process of democratic transformation and reforms in the defense sphere."
"We will hold decent elections," he said.
Vice Speaker stated Georgia continues course for NATO integration. "In general we implement NATO demands, but much remains t be done," he said.