- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian citizen to become the first woman ambassador in Saudi Arabia2010-03-11 16:17
Ekaterina Meiering -Mikadze, Georgia's ambassador to Arab countries, will be the first female head of diplomatic mission to grant credentials to Saudi king Abdallah Bin Abdulaziz, Novosti-Gruzia reports citing to Al-Kabas newspaper [Kuwait].gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the media, in Saudi Arabia there have been no women, representing foreign states. This Tuesday Meiering-Mikadze passed copies of credentials to state foreign minister Nizar Madani in Er-Riad, and is waiting for being received by the monarch.
She is the Ambassador Plenipotentiary and Extraordinary of Georgia to Kuwait, and also represents the country in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and the UAE. Before this appointment last March she headed diplomatic missions in Jordan, Iraq, and Lebanon.
In her statements she calls the Persian Gulf region a priority one for Georgia in the sphere of economic cooperation, in the first line - real estate, agriculture, tourism and finance.