- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliament of Sweden recognized genocide of Armenians2010-03-12 12:23
On Thursday the parliament of Sweden adopted a resolution on recognition of Armenian genocide in Ottoman Empire.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Turkey responded immediately and recalled its ambassador for consultations.
The visit of Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the PM of Turkey, to Sweden, scheduled for March 17th was cancelled - RIA Novosti.
The people and the government [of Turkey] deny the decision "deprived of base and full of big mistakes," the statement of Turkish government says.
Ankara believes the decision of Swedish parliament was made for the benefit of domestic political interests.
Previously Turkey condemned the adoption of resolution on Armenian genocide recognition by the US Congress House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee on March 4th.
Turkey traditionally denies accusation of extermination of 1.5 mln Armenians in the years of WWI and shows painful reaction on the West's criticism of the issue.
Ankara repeatedly warned that adoption of the resolution would harm the efforts on normalization of Turkish-Armenian relations after signing protocols on establishment of diplomatic relations and development of bilateral relations, signed in October 2009.