- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mass media: Georgia sells its military aircrafts2010-03-15 12:50
In result of merging the Air Forces and the Land Forces of Georgia 12 Su-25 aircrafts, belonging to Air Forces, can be sold abroad, the VZGLYAD reports citing to Kviris Palitra [Georgian weekly].gt-en-newsitem-inside
The media cites to the Ministry of Defense and say the merge was caused by dissatisfaction with training level of military pilots, failing to hit targets at maneuvers.
"The pilots have counter-arguments," the media says.
After the re-organization about 1000 people will be sacked. The source in the Ministry said the initiative came form Minister of Defense Bacho Akhalaya,but the Ministry of Defense itself makes no comment.
Previously Georgian navy came under subordination of the coast police of the Interior Ministry.