- Tbilisi Mayor is ready to go to prison 2013-05-23 13:00
- Georgia takes annual meeting of the members of IMF Dutch group 2013-05-23 12:25
- Georgia on the verge of a measles epidemic 2013-05-23 11:52
- Council of Europe calls on Georgian authorities to protect gays from homophobes 2013-05-22 16:12
- Merabishvili does not plead guilty 2013-05-22 14:36
- Giga Bokeria accuses Ivanishvili of persecution of leaders of National Movement 2013-05-22 12:42
- Today the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs arrive to the region 2013-05-22 12:09
Mass media: Georgia sells its military aircrafts2010-03-15 12:50
In result of merging the Air Forces and the Land Forces of Georgia 12 Su-25 aircrafts, belonging to Air Forces, can be sold abroad, the VZGLYAD reports citing to Kviris Palitra [Georgian weekly].
The media cites to the Ministry of Defense and say the merge was caused by dissatisfaction with training level of military pilots, failing to hit targets at maneuvers.
"The pilots have counter-arguments," the media says.
After the re-organization about 1000 people will be sacked. The source in the Ministry said the initiative came form Minister of Defense Bacho Akhalaya,but the Ministry of Defense itself makes no comment.
Previously Georgian navy came under subordination of the coast police of the Interior Ministry.