- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Imedi can be simply fined for a clip about fake “invasion”2010-03-15 16:16
Irakli Moseshvili, one of the members of the national Commission for Communications, thinks Imedi won't be deprived of license for its clip of March 13th - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It can be a warning or some financial sanctions. As for the issue of depriving licence, it's a drastic measure," he said.
At today's extraordinary sitting it will be discussed whether Imedi violated the law on Broadcasting or not.
Yesterday the Commission stated that program was constructed with rough violation of the point 5 of article 13 of the code of broadcasters' behavior.
According to this point, the broadcaster must avoid dramatization in news and political programs, or give a clear definition it's a dramatization.
The chairman and members of the Commission saw the program as "a mistake of the TV company and irresponsible approach to code's demands."
It was reportage on alleged invasion of Russian troops and death of President Saakashvili. It stirred a panic all around Georgia. Yet it turned out to be an "innocent" attempt to "show" the scenario of possible events in case the "Georgian society won't be consolidated against the Russian plan." On the order of President Mikheil Saakashvili, his press secretary Manjgaladze arrived in the studio and calmed down the people, saying such a turn of events can't happen in Georgia at the present-day stage.
The Imedi channel apologized to the audience for the clip's being an "imitation" and its stirring the society.
Opposition is sure the fake clip was agreed with the head of state and was a "brainwashing" for the audience.