- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU expresses concern about the program of Imedi2010-03-16 16:46
The EU Monitoring Mission in Georgia expresses concern over the aired program of Imedi on alleged invasion and warns about danger of such programs for security on borders - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Since the broadcast of the Imedi TV "simulated" programme on 13 March, the EU Monitoring Mission has been following closely on the ground the implications for security and stability near the administrative boundary lines of South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
The security situation in these areas has improved considerably since the winter of 2008 and has remained calm in the aftermath of the TV broadcast. However our monitors have witnessed the anxiety and concern of the local population for their security and safety caused by this incident," the statement of the Mission says.
"EUMM would like to remind all parties concerned, that this type of irresponsible programming has the potential to seriously destabilize the situation close to the boundary lines. Dangerous and significant incidents could have occurred. We call on all those with positions of responsibility to fully consider the implications of their actions in future. It must be in everyone's interest to ensure that security and stability are maintained," the document concludes.