- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Imedi’s scandalous program urged the EU to reinforce control at Georgian borders2010-03-17 09:46
After a scandalous "special report" of Imedi about the alleged "Russian invasion" and subsequent real panic all over the country, the EUMM decided to reinforce control at the borders.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The security situation in these areas has improved considerably since the winter of 2008 and has remained calm in the aftermath of the TV broadcast. However our monitors have witnessed the anxiety and concern of the local population for their security and safety caused by this incident," the Mission reports.
"During the event, EUMM was in contact with the Russian Border Guards and South Ossetian de facto authorities through the Incident Prevention and Response Mechanism "hotline". We were able to reassure them of the "simulated" nature of the Imedi TV programme and to verify that their level of alert had remained unchanged," the statement adds.
"EUMM would like to remind all parties concerned, that this type of irresponsible programming has the potential to seriously destabilize the situation close to the boundary lines. Dangerous and significant incidents could have occurred," the EUMM warns.