- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
European Commission condemned Imedi’s program on alleged “invasion”2010-03-18 11:06
Jose Manuel Barroso expressed Georgian PM Nika Gilauri his anxiety over Imedi's program on alleged "invasion" and subsequent real panic in the country.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I want to urge Georgia to refrain from any activities which could exacerbate local or regional tensions," he said - Civil Georgia.
The EU chairman also stated the necessity to complete democratic reforms in Georgia, including respect for mass media freedom.
The scandalous program was a clip about alleged invasion of Russian troops and death of President Saakashvili. It stirred a panic all around Georgia. Yet it turned out to be an "innocent" attempt to "show" the scenario of possible events in case the "Georgian society won't be consolidated against the Russian plan." On the order of President Mikheil Saakashvili, his press secretary Manjgaladze arrived in the studio and calmed down the people, saying such a turn of events can't happen in Georgia at the present-day stage.
People believe the government is privy to the appearance of the reportage, as "such program cannot be aired unless the government is informed." The rally counts about 200 protesters - Gazeta.Ru.
The Imedi channel apologized to the audience for the clip's being an "imitation" and its stirring the society.
Opposition is sure the fake clip was agreed with the head of state and was a "brainwashing" for the audience.
Saakashvili himself disclaims own participation in the preparation of the clip.