- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Air Forces of Georgia to be abolished2010-03-18 16:04
Air Forces of Georgia will cease to be as a separate structure and will be merged with land Forces - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The due draft package of amendments, worked out on the initiative of the Ministry of Defense, was considered yesterday at the guest sitting of the parliamentary committee for defense and security.
The Ministry informs the sitting was held in military base in Vaziani and attended by Bacho Akhalaya, the Minister of Defense.
The bill authors believe the merge will favour more effective cooperation of the two types of forces.
In the view of Bachan Akhalaya, adoption of the amendments will favour better command and control in the Armed Forces.
MPs supported the bill. Givi Targamadze, the chairman of the Committee, said in this case no redundancy was meant; just Air Forces would exist as a separate structure no longer.
"Practice revealed that the Air Forces of Georgia are usually used for support of land operations. Such examples exist in world practice - for example, there is no command of the air forces of Canada. This change will simplify the command in conditions of specific operations."