- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Co-chairmen of Geneva Talks visited South Ossetia2010-03-19 11:01
The delegation of Geneva Talks co-chairmen, including special representatives of the EU Pierre Morel], the UN [Antti Turunen] and OSCE [Bolat Nurgaliyev] visited South Ossetia and was received by Murat Jioyev, the Foreign Minister; and Merab Chigoyev, the South Ossetian president's deputy Plenipotentiary for Post-Conflict Settlement - Res.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We are sure that in the framework of Geneva Talks we can reach agreement of a non-aggression document, what, in our view, is very important for the moment. It's a key link in settlement of all other issues of Georgian-Ossetian relations," Jioyev said.
He added South Ossetian representatives heeded the recent provocative video by Imedi. "This provocation drove our relations and security in the region to the verge. We believe this provocation was sanctioned by the authorities of Georgia, and addressed to co-chairmen to have the topic discussed and assessed at the Geneva Talks", the diplomat highlighted.
OSCE co-chairman Nurgaliyev noted the international organisations campaign for stability, security and predictable course of events in the region. He assured that all the efforts will be strained to make the situation go in this way, and said that Geneva Talks is the only world-acknowledged mechanism, which, in his view, works quite effectively.
Geneva Talks on stability and security in Caucasus have been held since October 2008. the participants are delegations of Abkhazia, Georgia, Russia, South Ossetia, the USA; and representatives of the EU, the UN and OSCE. In the course of these discussions the mechanism on joint incident prevention and response was adopted.