- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Investments in Georgian economy dropped by half2010-03-19 16:59
Direct foreign investments in Georgia in 2009 amounted USD 759.1 mln. According to tentative data of the National Statistics Service of Georgia, it's by USD 804.9 mln less than in 2008 - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The investments were divided as following: USD 204.1 mln for industry, USD 153.6 mln - for transport and communications; USD 134 mln - for hotels and restaurants; USD 132 mln - for real estate sphere; USD 79.9 mln - for construction; USD 45.3 mln - for banking sector.
Only investments in construction and banking sector increased; and dropped in all the rest.
The biggest investor in Georgia in 2009 was the UAE [169.8 mln]; the second came Egypt - USD 167.5 mln; the Netherlands - the third with USD 105.7 mln dollars.