- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
CEO of the Vancouver Olympic Organizing Committee to visit Georgia2010-03-22 11:07
John Furlong, the CEO of the Vancouver Olympic Organizing Committee to visit Georgia, will participate in the ceremony of commemoration of Nodar Kumaritashvili, a Georgian luger.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He was killed in a training accident on February 12thin Whistler track, several hours before the opening of the Olympic Games. While training he failed to take the final 270-degree turn at the speed of 145 km/h, was thrown out of the bobrun, hit the metal column, and died in a hospital near Whistler of injuries.
John Furlong will be accompanied by Rene Smith-Valade, the Vice President of the Olympic Organizing Committee, who will deliver the books of condolences - Canwest News Service.
They will be passed to the parents of Nodar. Last week the Olympic Organizing Committee said the family would receive the insurance.
Previously President Mikheil Saakashvili promised that a track named after Kumaritashvili would be built in Georgia.
Canadian Royal Mounted Police together with the British Columbia Coroner Service, as well as international sports federations. The report of the International Federation of Luge Sport is expected to be ready to end April - ITAR TASS.