- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijanian students demand apologies from Alasania2010-03-22 18:10
Association of Azerbaijanian Students of Georgia demands public apologies from Irakli Alasania, the Alliance for Georgia leader.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the statement the Association spread today, on March 21st , in the air of Imedi he congratulated all Azerbaijanians on Kurban Bayram [religious holiday] instead of Novruz Bayram [day of spring and new year, really celebrated those days].
"Congratulation of Azerbaijanians on a religious holiday in the day of the arrival of spring is an insult of all Azerbaijanians," the statement says.
Students ask all the Georgian politicians to get acquainted with the culture and history before congratulating on any holiday, and make no such mistakes.
"It will make less obvious the meeting is held for the electoral campaign, rather than for congratulating Azerbaijanians of the country," the document adds.
On behalf of all the Azerbaijanian students the Association demanded public apologies.
Meanwhile President Mikheil Saakashvili, the president of Georgia, visited Marneuli and congratulated Azerbaijanians in their language, then switched to Georgian and said the holiday of Novruz Bayram [March 21st] would be a national one.