- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Burjanadze: Georgia is mocked because of Imedi2010-03-23 11:42
According to Nino Burjanadze, the leader of pro-opposition Democratic Movement-United Georgia, previously the West laughed at president Mikheil Saakashvili, and after the notorious video of Imedi channel - at all country - RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We are the first in world in lie. Everyone laughs at us, as they cannot understand how we bear everything what's happening in our country," she said.
The infamous video was a reportage on alleged invasion of Russian troops and death of President Saakashvili. It stirred a panic all around Georgia. Yet it turned out to be an "innocent" attempt to "show" the scenario of possible events in case the "Georgian society won't be consolidated against the Russian plan." On the order of President Mikheil Saakashvili, his press secretary Manjgaladze arrived in the studio and calmed down the people, saying such a turn of events can't happen in Georgia at the present-day stage.
The Imedi channel apologized to the audience for the clip's being an "imitation" and its stirring the society.