- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Three prisoners sent from Guantanamo Bay to Georgia2010-03-24 10:42
On Tuesday the USA sent three Guantanamo Bay inmates to Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The names of the prisoners are kept secret, the delivery was conducted only after agreement of all security measures by both sides, Reuter reports citing to the U.S. Justice Department.
The prison is planned to be closed on Barack Obama's decree. Now 185 inmates are left there - RIA Novosti.
"We are grateful to the government of Georgia for joining their efforts to close the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay," said State Department spokesman Philip Crowley - AFP.
Shota Utiashvili, the Interior Ministry spokesman, said that ex-prisoners, who arrived in the country, are origins from Middle East countries. They "will be free, will live as usual citizens and will be constantly in touch with their families." Yet they will be prohibited to leave Georgia.
Ekaterina Tkeshelashvili, the National Security Council Secretary, said Tbilisi agreed to accept Guantanamo Bay prisoners to improve relations with Washington.