- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Laborites demand to return Guantanamo Bay prisoners2010-03-24 16:46
The Labour Party of Georgia demands immediate return of all the received Guantanamo bay ex-prisoners to their homeland - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At today's press conference Kakha Dzagania, one of the party leaders, said that "import of Guantanamo prisoners to Georgia, turned by Saakashvili into a concentration camp" creates a great threat, from surrounding Muslim states as well.
In his opinion, Saakashvili tries to win respect of the new U.S. administration and meet with Obama at the cost of security of own population.
Yesterday the USA sent three Guantanamo Bay inmates to Georgia.
The names do the prisoners are kept secret, the delivery was conducted only after agreement of all security measures by both sides, Reuter reports citing to the U.S. Justice Department.
The prison is planned to be closed on Barack Obama's decree. Now 185 inmates are left there - RIA Novosti.
"We are grateful to the government of Georgia for joining their efforts to close the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay," said State Department spokesman Philip Crowley - AFP.
Shota Utiashvili, the Interior Ministry spokesman, said that ex-prisoners, who arrived in the country, are origins from Middle East countries. They "will be free, will live as usual citizens and will be constantly in touch with their families." Yet they will be prohibited to leave Georgia.
Ekaterina Tkeshelashvili, the National Security Council Secretary, said Tbilisi agreed to accept Guantanamo Bay prisoners to improve relations with Washington.