- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Noghaideli counts on victory in local elections2010-03-24 16:50
Zurab Noghaideli, the Movement for just Georgia leader, calls on community to support him and his adherents at the local authorities' elections and Tbilisi Mayor [to be held on May 30th].gt-en-newsitem-inside
At today's meeting with pensioners and small business representatives in Tbilisi Chess Palace, he said "we must win these elections to return Georgia a chance for unification and development. That's our task."
The meeting was held on the initiative of the National Council, uniting 6 pro-opposition parties of Georgia.
Noghaideli noted that shift of power must be conducted step-by-step, and now the victory of opposition at the local authorities' elections is crucial.
Zviad Dzidziguri, the Conservative party leader, called on the population "to wake up" and "struggle against Saakashvili's rule."
At the meeting the National Council promised to present a plan on preparation and participation in the upcoming elections at the nearest time.
The parties of the Council are also preparing a bill on amendments to the Tax Code. It implies introduction of fixed tax for small business.
Opposition also intends to demand granting pensions in accordance with time record and merits of citizens.