- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian criminal don killed in France2010-03-24 17:22
Lado janashia, a Georgian criminal don, was killed in Marseilles, France, in a showdown with Oniani clan representatives.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Janashia was seriously wounded and died in hospital, GHN reports citing to French media.
His wife was interrogated as a witness.
According to one of the versions, Janashia's death was aimed to avenge murder of Vyacheslav Ivankov, a Russian criminal boss.
He was murdered on July 28th, the supposed organizer was Tariel Oniani.
Oniani himself was detained in Moscow region in June 2009.
He is accused of kidnapping a businessman. The person was kept as a hostage for two days, the ransom amounted USD 250 000. When it was paid, the businessman was set free, but then again was intimidated and extorted.
Police believes Oniani was an active participant of the meeting of criminal bosses at a steamer in Pirogov pool in July 2008 - and that time police detained 50 dons.
The case will be tried in Khamovniki court of Moscow on March 24th.