- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi Mayor candidates to meet at debates2010-03-25 15:56
The Central Electoral Commission of Georgia and the Public Broadcaster [First Channel] intend to launch a special project on the threshold of the elections of May 30th, announced Giorgi Chanturia, the director general of the Public Broadcaster - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the framework of the project the Public TV will organize a series of TV debates and a special program for monitoring the preparation and process of elections. The second part of evening news program Moambe will be devoted to elections.
"We've already started the large-scale coverage of the pre-electoral period and want to inform population not only activities of the political parties, but also of CEC," Chanturia added.
He added the TV has already shifted to "pre-polls regime".
"No political subject will be left without the due coverage at the Public TV," the director general promised.
Previously the opposition parties repeatedly criticized the Public Broadcaster, reproaching it of biases and uneven distribution of air.