- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU launches a new ecological project in the framework of Eastern Partnership2010-03-25 17:07
The EU invests EUR 13 mln in a new ecological project, aimed to reinforce ecologic management in the Eastern Partnership countries - RBC.ua.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Stefan Fule, the Commissioner for Enlargement and European Neighbourhood Policy claimed the environment problems of all the countries to be common for all the countries of the world. He added it's the common interest to work with the Eastern partnership countries to make the neighborhood even more ecologically clean.
The first phase of the project is aimed to increase availability of trustful ecologic information in the EP countries. The common ecological information system of the region will be established. It will help to accumulate, analyze and monitor the important information.
At the present moment the data, present in the EP countries, vary on quality and methodology of gathering. The common system will harmonize the gathering and analysis of ecological data in 6 countries of the region.
The project will lure in experts and interested people in conducting ecological estimation of various initiatives. The estimations will be done in accordance with the EU legal norms. It will allow EP countries get closer to the European standards of environment protection
The Eastern Partnership participant countries are Azerbaijan, Belarus, Armenia, georgia, Moldova, Ukraine.