- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Meeting with the U.S. ambassador held in Georgian CEC2010-03-26 11:18
Yesterday a meeting with John Bass, the U.S. ambassador to Georgia, was held in Central Electoral Commission behind the closed doors. After the meeting it was announced the sides discussed issues connected with preparations for the elections of May 30th - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Besides, Zurab Kharatishvili, the CEC chairman, acquainted the ambassador with the new strategy of the Commission for 2010-2011.
The U.S. ambassador said he hopes for transparent and just elections. In his view, it would favour better trust to the authorities from both Georgian and global community.
John Bass expressed hope that CEC would conduct due preparation for the elections and provide transparency of the electoral processes.