- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
European Parliament delegation met with Foreign Minister of Georgia2010-03-26 17:01
Today Grigol Vashadze, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia, held a meeting with the delegation of the European Parliament, including representatives of the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats, the European Forum for Democracy and Solidarity and the European Socialist Party.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The sides discussed issues of Georgia-EU cooperation, focusing on the importance of establishment of simplified visa regime and readmission agreements, as well as an agreement on common airspace; beginning of the talks on the association and free and comprehensive trade agreements. The Georgian side highlighted the remarkable progress achieved in Georgia-EU relations in a number of priority fields.
Security situation in the country was also discussed, and the parties focused on the role of the EUMM and Geneva Talks, and the importance of the support of the international community, including the European Union - Press and Information Department of the Foreign Ministry of Georgia.
Discussions also centered on the priority fields of cooperation with Georgia's strategic partners, neighbouring countries and international organizations.