- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili promises no U.S. military bases in Georgia2010-03-29 16:40
U.S. military bases won't be deployed in Georgia, announced Manana Manjgaladze, the press speaker of the President of Georgia - the VZGLYAD.gt-en-newsitem-inside
She mentioned the USA will only help Georgia with sending its military to Afghanistan. "It's one more manifestation of the partnership of the countries," she explained.
750 Georgian soldiers will start service under American commandment in Afghanistan on April 7th, reported Kviris Palitra [Georgian weekly]. They will be deployed in Gilmend province, at the border with Pakistan, where Taliban movement is especially active.
At the present moment 173 Georgian military are deployed in Afghanistan, in Kabul, under French commandment. Soldiers to be sent to Gilmend are now finishing the training.