- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Last year number of emigrants from Georgia doubled2010-03-30 15:28
In 2009 10 954 citizens requested for asylum outside Georgia, Pirweli news agency reports citing to the UN data - the VZGLYAD.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In 2008 the index estimated 5 454 people. Georgia was included in the list of 10 countries, whose citizens try to find a refuge abroad most often. Georgia is also the first country in the tempo of increase in number of citizens looking for job abroad.
The government explains the figures with social moments. Previously Mikheil Saakashvili, the President, set a task to return emigrants by attractive conditions in Georgia.