- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili ordered to hold local authorities’ elections on May 30th2010-03-30 16:15
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, issued a decree, ordering to hold elections to local authorities on May 30th 2010.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Decree 254 say that in accordance with Article 1034 of the Constitution of Georgia and Article 12913 of the Electoral Code, elections to local authorities - Sakrebulo [city council] and mayor of Tbilisi - are appointed on May 30th.
Previously the Parliament adopted the amendments in the light of the coming elections.
Central Electoral Commission and the Public Broadcaster of Georgia intend to plan a special project in connection with the upcoming elections. It includes debates of Tbilisi Mayor candidates and a special program for monitoring preparations to and process of elections. The second part of Moambe news program on the First Channel will be devoted to elections.