- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
People’s Forum proposes to derange elections2010-04-01 12:23
People's Forum, an influential pro-opposition Georgian movement addressed other opposition members with an initiative to boycott local self-governance bodies elections of May 30th as a protest against rigging elections.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Irakli Melashvili, the movement's political secretary, claimed the authorities increased the number of electors by at least one million, claiming that 3.6 mln have the right to vote, though it's impossible in the country with 4.4 mln of population - the VZGLYAD.
"Derangement of elections can become true, we are conducting consultations on this regard with other opposition forces," he said.
"I cannot rule out that before the elections a part of forces will refuse participation," Melashvili added.
In his view, "then the authorities won't be able to stage a performance."
People's Forum informs that soon a conference on democracy development problems will be held in Brussels.