- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania: West to watch elections2010-04-01 16:05
The West will closely watch self-governance bodies' elections in Georgia, planned for May 30th, announced Irakli Alasania, the Alliance for Georgia leader, who will run for Tbilisi Mayor - the VZGLYAD.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He reminded that a few days ago Anders Fogh Rasmussen, NATO Secretary General , who received president Saakashvili, said the West sees these elections as significant.
"For the authorities and society it will be a test for democracy, especially after rigging and repressions conducted by Saakashvili in recent years," he said in the interview to Kvele Siakhle.
"OSCE will send an unprecedented for the self-governance elections number of monitors: over 300," Alasania added.
In his view, "the West won't admit or accept rigging."