- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
One billion lari to be spent on water supply systems rehabilitation in Georgia2010-04-02 11:38
About 1 billion lari [USD 599 mln] is intended to spend by the government on full rehabilitation of water supplies and sewage systems in Georgia, stated PM Nikoloz Gilauri, at yesterday's meeting in Batumi - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The meeting of the government representatives and President Mikheil Saakashvili on water supplies system improvement was held after the President's visit to Kutaisi and Kobuleti.
According to Gilauri, the government has already started negotiations on financing works on rehabilitation. They negotiate with the Asian Development Bank, which promises to allocate Georgia USD 500 mln to the end of the year. USD 100 mln are expected from European Investment Bank.
This year GEL 300 mln [USD 180 mln] will be spent on it. The PM stated works will be conducted in cities and 35 regional centres, and it will fully solve the problems of water supplies.
The government of Georgia started situation studies in settlements and planning of works to solve problems.