- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Burjanadze thanked Putin2010-04-02 12:23
Nino Burjanadze, the leader of pro-opposition Democratic Movement- United Georgia, expressed her gratitude to Vladimir Putin, the PM of Russia, for his considering the August 2008 war a common tragedy of both countries - RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
She also mentioned that Russian President, Dmitry Medvedev, shouldn't be demanded to concern about interests of Georgia, as he must think about interests of own country. "Russia has a master, who takes care of it, and I must say, with no less success than our President," she noted.
Yet she highlighted: if Saakashvili remains in office for too long, tragic events of August 2008 can be repeated.
In March Nino Burjanadze visited Moscow. PM Vladimir Putin said that Russia is ready for a dialog with all political forces of Georgia. "Life goes on. I truly hope that relying on people who want to have normal relations with Russia, we'll be able to restore the pre-crisis level of our relations," Putin said.
Burjanadze expressed confidence that normal bilateral relations would be restored in the interests of both peoples and states.