- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhazia attends Union State parliamentary session2008-10-16 14:35
Abkhazian parliamentarians took part as observers during a session of the parliamentary assembly of the Russia-Belarus Union State of Russia in Moscow on Thursday, a parliamentary source said., reports RIA-Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Russia-Belarus Union State is a supranational entity consisting of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus. It was formed in 1996 "with the intention of providing greater political, economic, and social integration."
The delegation includes Vyacheslav Tsugba, the deputy speaker, Guram Gumba, the chairman of the parliamentary foreign affairs committee and Pavel Leshchuk, chairman of the economics committee.
In mid-September Abkhazia and South Ossetia said they planned to apply for membership of the CIS, the Russia-Belarus Union State, and the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO). Russia has traditionally dominated all three of these post-Soviet organizations.
On October 13 the Abkhazian parliament requested that Belarus recognize the country as an independent state.