- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
President of Armenia told how to solve Karabakh problem2010-04-05 16:57
Karabakh issue can be settled wihin hours in case Azerbaijan recognizes independency of Karabakh, believes Serzh Sargsyan, the President of Armenia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"If Azerbaijan recognizes independence of Nagorno Karabakh, then the issue can be solved in a few hours. Unfortunately, up to now Azerbaijan claims Nagorno Karabakh; while Karabakh's joining to Azerbaijan means a certain deportation of Armenians from Nagorno Karabakh, and this all just in a very short period," he said in the interview to Der Spiegel, Aysor.am reports.
Commenting the fact Turkey wants to connect the opening of the border with Armenia with the progress in Karabakh issue, Sargsayn mentioned the Turks always want concessions from the Armenian side. " Turks want us to compromise. However, this is impossible. Right to self-determination of the people of Nagorno Karabakh is an issue of greatest importance," Sargsyan said.
He believes it's unfair Nagorno Karabakh cannot have the same rights as countries of former Yugoslavia.
"Why former Yugoslavia's nations could receive the independence? So why can't Nagorno Karabakh practice the same right? Is the reason - gas and oil resources of Azerbaijan and Turkey's patronage? We consider this to be unfair," he said.