- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
First sitting of Georgia-NATO Inter-parliamentary Council took place2010-04-06 15:01
Today in Tbilisi the first sitting of Georgia-NATO Inter-parliamentary Council took place. It was attended by Sub-Committee on Democratic Governance of the Committee on the Civil Dimension of Security [PA NATO].gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the meeting they discussed democratic processes and reforms, conducted by the government in this field - Georgia Times correspondent.
According to Georgi Kandelaki, the deputy chairman of the Parliamentary Committee for Foreign Relations, guests were interested in reforms of the judicial system and details of introduction of jury institute in Georgia.
At the meeting the sides also touched upon the topic of processes in defense sphere and participation of Tbilisi in peacemaking operation in Afghanistan.
Within 3 days NATO delegation hold meetings with representatives of executive and legislative powers of Georgia, with opposition members, EUMM employees. They will visit places of refugees' residence to acquaint with their problems. The visit will be finished on April 9th.