- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
750 Georgian peacemakers to arrive in Afghanistan2010-04-06 15:16
Georgia will build up its peacemaking contingent by 750 servicemen, an official reprehensive of the Ministry of Defense - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He added it will significantly increase the role of Georgia in the operation in Afghanistan.
"Georgia's participation in the peacemaking operation in Afghanistan is one more example of how our country continues contributing into reinforcement of international stability and security," the source said.
Other sources from the ministry state the battalion of 750 Georgian peacemakers will be sent in mid-late December within several days to serve under U.S. command. Georgian military underwent training with assistance of American instructors.
At the present moment 173 Georgian peacemakers are serving in Afghanistan.