- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
NATO delegation met with the Vice Speaker of Georgia2010-04-06 20:39
Delegation of the Sub-Committee on Democratic Governance of the Committee on the Civil Dimension of Security [PA NATO] held a meeting with the first Vice Speaker of the Parliament, Mikheil Machavariani.gt-en-newsitem-inside
After the meeting the latter said most part of Georgian politicians campaign for Georgia's becoming the member of NATO - Georgia Times correspondent.
He added the establishment of a special structure for reinforcement of relations with the Parliament of Georgia was very important.
"We have a special program for approximation with NATO, and the Parliamentary Assembly plays a significant role in this program. MPs from various countries have a chance of better acquaintance with the ongoing democratic reforms in Georgia, as well as all the issues, helping us to approximate with NATO," Machavariani said.
At the meeting they also discussed preparation for local elections and situation in the pre-electoral period.
The negotiations were attended by opposition MPs Paata Davitaya and Rati Maisuradze.