- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Obama is grateful to Saakashvili for assistance in Afghanistan2010-04-07 11:11
Barack Obama, the U.S. President, thanked his Georgian counterpart Mikheil Saakashvili for assistance in the peacemaking operation in Afghanistan.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The President relayed the strong support of the United States for Georgia's sovereignty and territorial integrity," the White House said, describing a telephone conversation Obama held earlier with Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili. " - The Washington Post.
Obama again confirmed his support for independency and territorial integrity of Georgia - RIA Novosti.
The sides also "discussed the importance of all sides avoiding provocative actions to build stability in the region,", the White House statement says.
Besides, the American leader again stated of the necessity of democratic and economic reforms in Georgia.
The sides also discussed common interests in reaching historic goals on the threshold of the nuclear security summit.
The event will be held in Washington on April 12th-13th in Washington D.C. , President Saakashvili will also participate.