- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili proposes to sub films in English2010-04-07 11:20
Mikheil Saakashvili, the president of Georgia, proposed Georgian TV companies to release all films in English with subtitles, without translation in Georgian.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He said it's necessary to let all citizens of Georgia learn English better and quicker.
The President turned to the Public Broadcaster and urged it not to orientate on ratings, publicity and popularity, but care rather about development of informational and educational programs.
Georgi Khachidze, the Minister of Environment Protection and Natural Resources proposed to introduce TV lessons of English at the Public TV. Mikheil Saakashvili supported his idea and mentioned subbed films in English would favour better learning.