- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia intends to reach recognition of Abkhazia and south Ossetia as “occupied territories”2010-04-07 13:06
Georgia will try to persuade the world community to recognize territories of Abkhazia and South Ossetia as "occupied" officially.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We shall very firmly ask the International community that all the decisions which would be made regarding this issues shall be focused on the fact that nowadays, the part of the Georgian territories is unambiguously occupied and we shall try to grant the occupied territories status to these parts of Georgian territories," noted Vice Speaker Mikheil Machavariani - Parliament of Georgia site.
Paata Davitaya, opposition Vice Speaker, stated that "Russia's aggression against Georgia continues, and it's proved by the agreement on joint guarding borders signed between Russia and Abkhazia."
He expressed anxiety over the plans to deploy Cossack units all along Inguri river perimeter, and the fact Cossacks' families would also settle there.
"In fact it will lead to purging Abkhazia not only from Georgian, but also from Abkhazian population," Davitaya said.
He believes the Foreign Ministry must heed the issue in talks with foreign diplomats. Davitaya himself took measures and shared his anxiety with PA NATO delegation, staying in Georgia.