- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia to walk out from CIS in August 20092008-10-23 12:27
Georgia will walk out from the Commonwealth of the Independent States (CIS) in August 2009, CIS deputy executive secretary Nauryz Aidarov said at the 15th conference of the CIS education ministers here on Thursday, reports Itar-Tass.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Georgian Foreign Ministry filed a note about the country's walkout from the CIS in the CIS Executive Committee on August 18 after the armed conflict in South Ossetia. Aidarov noted that the CIS Executive Committee launched the walkout procedure under Article 9 of the CIS Charter.
"Under this article a CIS member-country notifies in the written form a depositary about its intention to quit the Commonwealth 12 months before the walkout. August 18, 2009, will be thereby considered as a date of Georgia's walkout from the Commonwealth," Aidarov said.