- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ilia II commemorated victims of April 9th2010-04-09 17:57
Ilia II, the Catholicos Patriarch of Georgia, together with the Holy Synod members came to Rustaveli Avenue to commemorate the civilians killed on April 9th 1989 - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He called April 9th the day when the Georgian people proved its love for Motherland and adherence to the idea of its independence.
"It was a tragic night, when our people restated its love for Motherland. I saw all this horror, but, unfortunately, failed to prevent the tragedy. Let God save the souls of the killed," he said.
On April 9 1989 the rally of protesters against Soviet power was dispersed resulting in 20 deaths.