- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian CEC revealed 80 000 mistakes in electoral lists2010-04-12 17:54
Central Electoral Commission of Georgia revealed and corrected 80 000 mistakes in electoral lists, reported the CEC chairman Zurab Kharatishvili - Aysor.amgt-en-newsitem-inside
He explained mistakes were found in first and last names, in dates. Data on apartments, where over 20 persons were registered, were also corrected.
On April 9th 7 000 electors were excluded from the lists, and the total number is now 3 580 000 electors; 994 000 in Tbilisi. On January 5th 2008, at the moment of presidential elections, the number of electors counted 3 372 000, in Tbilisi - 941 000.
In March 2010 Kartuli Dasi, the Georgian pro-opposition party, in the course of own monitoring of electoral lists revealed lots of riggings and demanded to exclude 50 000 address- free electors. Georgian opposition paid attention that despite the fact of decrease in population, electoral lists grow.
Previously CEC reported of exclusion of 90 000 non-existent electors