- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Special group established to fight subversive groups in Gal’s region of Abkhasia2008-10-27 15:53
According to RIA-Novosti, Sergey Bagapsh, the commander-in- chief, ordered to establish in Gal's region a special group under coordination of general Anatoly Zaitsev, the Head of the headquarters of the Armed Forces of Abkhasia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The decision of establishment was made as the situation in the region bordering to Georgia grew worse. "The situation in Gal's region is tense. The Abkhasian territory is fired from Georgian site practically every day, our frontier guards and Russian posts are fired of sub-machine guns and rifles. It all lead to the decision of the commander to establish the special group", - said Zaitsev to local private TV company ABAZA.
As the general commented, the aims of the group include "to eliminate subversive, intelligence and terrorist groups of the enemy".
Zaitsev pointed out that "the group is equipped with certain powerful weapons, it has the plan of measures to be undertaken according to order of the commander-in-chief".
On October,26th, Sergey Bagapsh, the President of Abkhasia, held an extraordinary meeting of the Security Council. The situation in Gal's region was discussed. According to Bagapsh, Georgia started a massive terrorist campaign in Abkhasia. To be precise, on October 21st, 4 citizens of Abkhasia, including Edward Emin-zade, the head of the intelligence department of the Ministry if Defense of the republic, were killed in Gal's region. On Saturday night a frontier post in the same region was fired.
Bagapsh ordered his law enforcement structures to respond adequately to each provocation of Georgia and use all resources available.
Abkhasia's administration also says that the EU observers in the safety zone near Abkhasia, who came after the Russian peace-keepers, do not estimate just the provocative actions of Georgia.